The Hottie and the Nottie

my rating: 3 out of 5


Okay, I get it. Paris Hilton is not Meryl Streep. But, with all of this film's obvious mediocrity, something totally took me by surprise. This movie actually has a heart. I mean, I know the story is predictable. (8th grader could have written it, just about.) I know the acting is mostly not good. (Paris Hilton) But darn it, how do you not fall in love with Christine Lakin? I mean, her "beautiful" scenes are wonderful. Come on! It's "Al" from "Step By Step." Right? I mean, how do you not LOVE that? I actually found myself laughing here and there. This was a great rental. Never would have watched it on the big screen. Paris Hilton sort of weighed down some scenes with her lack of acting. The music is mostly bad, but really touching near the end. The lead dude was tolerable. And, Christine Lakin was fantastic. (In a low budget kind of no-expectations kind of way.) I went in with a one star expectation, and it delivered more. So, more power to 'em.








Comments