Family-friendly movie reviews and commentary. Join the conversation!
The Walking Dead season 3 (mid-season) Finale
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
-
Wow, The Walking Dead Season 3 (mid-season) finale was incredible last night! Please tell me your thoughts and feelings about it. Also, what are your favorite zombie movies?
I would like to know why you state that you love puppies in your "About Me" section but you clearly have a kitty cat. Don't you love kitties too? What did a kitty ever do to you?
1. Halloween is almost here! It's that time of year. The cooler weather, changing leaves, fun commercials, the yard decorations, and stores' aisles of cool Halloween stuff all mean autumn is here! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. It is a magical mix of adventure, horror, fun,creativity, and excitement. And, who could forget: CANDY! It is the time of year when everyone expresses their fears, and faces them head on. And, since I am obsessed with movies, I have very strong opinions about Halloween movies. Halloween movies are one of the best ways for groups to celebrate the holiday, in my opinion. Halloween movies express things brilliantly in a way that no other art form can. I love Halloween music, decorations, and visual arts, as well. But, movies capture the magic better than anything else because of a combination of music, visuals, character, and storytelling. All these elements combine to tap into our fears, fantasies, and nightmares. Also, everyone has a different ...
Thanksgiving can be a special, wondrous, and stressful time. After gorging on turkey, watching football, and settling in for the evening, many families want to enjoy some family-friendly entertainment together. It can be difficult to find movies that satisfy both 7 year old Jimmy and 65 year old Aunt Gretchen. That's why I've done the hard work for you, and sifted through thousands of movies to hand-pick the best movies to watch on Thanksgiving. These movies are not only (mostly) family-friendly, but they capture the warmth and spirit of the Thanksgiving season while providing much needed escapism. 1. Wizard of Oz This 1939 classic deserves to be passed down to new generations. Nostalgic for adults and fun for kids. 2. Jurassic World New on Dvd / Blu Ray, this dinosaur blockbuster adventure is exciting for adults and kids alike. 3. The Help This drama / comedy takes place in the racially turbulent 1960s. Even though this movie tackles race issues, there is enough le...
With the CGI effects coming into full bloom in the decade from 00 to 09, Hollywood churned out some incredible effects-driven movies. I believe this lead to a renaissance, of sorts, of comic book movies. I happen to love comic book movies, and it was a great decade for them. It seems like Hollywood finally realized that people across a wide spectrum of demographics love seeing the hero win. (aka - will fork out lots of cash and buy lots of tickets!) Aside from comic book movies, there were an array of interesting movies that had their own kind of indie vibe. the 00's were mostly defined, in my opinion, by the likes of Wes Anderson and films like Lost In Translation . It was also the decade that we saw the likes of Russell Crowe, Johnny Depp, and Will Ferrell become huge stars. I also really loved seeing Bill Murray enter a new phase of stardom with pretty much an entire decade of wonderful indie films, filled with fantastic Murray performances. 25. Elf (2003) This was the decade w...
I would like to know why you state that you love puppies in your "About Me" section but you clearly have a kitty cat. Don't you love kitties too? What did a kitty ever do to you?
ReplyDeleteLol I love both kitties AND puppies! Can't I have the best of both worlds?
ReplyDelete