wow, please forgive me!

I'm sorry, loyal readers, that I have left my blog abandoned for the past month or so. The holidays have been busy, and my wife and I have been travelling / shopping / spending time with fam.

Looking back at my last blog entry from the beginning of December, I can't help but feel some pride in my early Oscar picks. However, I have to make some corrections to it! I definitely messed some stuff up.

Since the Golden Globes, the buzz surrounding the black and white silent flick "The Artist" has picked up steam. And, since this blog is all about movie buzz, I thought I would acknowledge it. Back when I picked my 10 nominee possibilities, I considered "The Artist", but I just didn't think it looked "stout" enough to get a Best Picture nomination. I've changed my mind, though. It's totally going to get nominated.

I also now think that "The Iron Lady" probably won't get nominated for Best Picture, although Meryl Streep is a shoe-in for Best Actress. The critical reviews are lukewarm. Will this be her third win? If she gets the nomination it will be number 17 for her, the most in Oscar history.

Harry Potter and The Muppets were basically just a joke. Although, you never know with the Academy Awards! Sometimes they get a little....uh...how shall I say,..."creative" with their Best Picture picks. (A Serious Man?? Wha...?) So, you never know. We might see little Daniel Radcliffe up there giving an acceptance speech for Best Actor from Deathly Hallows part 2!





Comments

  1. Good blog entry, Me! (pat myself on the back) Please feel free to leave comments or questions. Am I missing something? Are there movies you would add / take away from the Oscar picks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm a little late to comment on this post, but I do agree with your addition of The Artist. I think that it is going to win.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment